Proven Strategies, Products and Services
The centerpiece of GSE’s vision to get you where you want to go. This service can take many forms but at its core is process improvement for your facility that will reduce your energy cost dramatically while improving operations and occupant comfort. GSE’s experience in this area includes utility retro-commissioning program survey/reporting provided at no cost to you that seek to identify low-cost/no-cost improvement opportunities as well as comprehensive start-to-finish retro-commissioning services that take you from the preliminary survey through implementation and verification of energy and cost savings.
Example Projects (pdf)
Hospital | K12 High School | Office High Rise | Thermal Energy Storage
Retro-commissioning Utility Programs
CenterPoint Energy | Xcel Energy
Energy Management & Master Planning
A comprehensive approach matched with your business objectives. This starts with determining what you are doing today and identifying improvement objectives and goals. Long term, this includes all elements of your energy picture from commodity procurement to end-use standards and optimization. In addition to facilitating the development of your Master Plan, GSE can help with specific initiatives along the way.
- Energy Audits – identify specific opportunities for cost savings, the level of detail depends on the objective. This begins with prioritizing your facilities through a benchmarking process and commodity rate structure analysis using metrics pursuant to your business objectives. GSE can follow accepted standard energy audit processes that are well-defined such as ASHRAE Level I, II, and III or create an approach that includes elements of these as-needed to meet your specific needs and preferences. Contact Us for more information.
- Measurement & Verification (M&V) – supports process improvement by providing a metric for results. It starts at the beginning but at the end of the day, a good M&V plan allows you to tell your story and manage the risk associated with improvement steps. GSE has many years of experience applying standardized M&V strategies as well as creating custom plans matched to the level of investment risk.
- Third-party ESPC / Design / M&V Review – when the availability of funding improvement projects internally falls short of the need, then an energy saving performance contract (ESPC) may be the answer. GSE can help you navigate the world of ESPC’s and provide the services along the way that ensure success.
Products & Solutions
GSE provides other products and services matched to your goals and objectives that add true value. Currently, these products and services include:
- Engineering Analysis, Design and Professional Services – from initial analysis and preliminary design to construction administration and commissioning, GSE has the experience and know-how to ensure you get what you want.
- Long-term Monitoring and Reporting – if you need an engineer on staff to provide periodic technical analysis and reporting but don’t have the work load or budget to justify another FTE, GSE can fill that need within your budget.
- Training & Workshops – Sustaining the gains you make will require bringing your operations staff up to speed on best practices and proper operation of newly improved or installed equipment and systems. GSE has the experience to tailor a training workshop for your facility including creation of operating manuals that focus on maintaining efficiency, equipment longevity, and meeting the needs of the occupants.
- Digi-RTU – Brochure | Case Study
- TexasUSA Energy – Electric commodity contract structuring tailored to your business and energy master plan.